What is pregnancy planning?
It is possible to have a healthy pregnancy and baby without a pregnancy plan, developing a pregnancy planning is one way to help ensure that your baby has the greatest chances of having good health and that you have a healthy pregnancy.
Your chances of becoming pregnant and having a healthy pregnancy and baby are better if you and your partner are as fit and healthy as possible.
Before you try for a baby there are some things to consider that can help improve your chances of getting pregnant and having a healthy pregnancy, pregnancy Planning Play most important role.
What you eat, how much you exercise, and whether you smoke or drink alcohol are all important factors to look at.
Pregnant or trying to get pregnant
Things to remember:
- Foods to avoid: Pregnant women are advised to avoid foods that have a higher risk of causing food poisoning as these could harm you or your baby.
- Exercise: Regular exercise will improve your health and help reduce stress, but if you’re not used to exercising, start off slowly. Don’t suddenly take up strenuous exercise.
- Cut Back on Caffeine: Some experts suggest you get no more than 200 milligrams of caffeine a day while you’re trying to get pregnant and during pregnancy.
- Your weight: Being overweight or underweight can disrupt your periods and reduce your chances of getting pregnant.
- Vitamin D: All adults, including pregnant and breastfeeding women, need 10 micrograms (10mcg) of vitamin D a day.
- Alcohol: Alcohol can damage sperm production, so men should cut down on drinking too.
- Smoking: Try to stop smoking. Women who smoke during pregnancy have a greater risk of:
- Giving birth too early (premature birth)
- Complications during and after pregnancy and labor
- Having low birth weight babies.
Medical Causes For Not Getting Pregnant:
The causes of infertility are different in men and women.
The medical causes of infertility in women are:
Irregular periods indicate inconsistent ovulation, and conceiving without an egg is impossible. Therefore, the less you ovulate, the less are your chances of getting pregnant.
This is a chronic disorder of the reproductive system in which the endometrial cells grow outside the uterus. It will block the tubes preventing fertilization or the fertilized egg from traveling towards the fallopian tubes.
3) Ovulation problems:
Almost 20 to 40% of infertility problems in women are caused due to irregular ovulation, which prevents the release of mature eggs from ovaries. Where some women can never ovulate, others ovulate once in a quarter. Hormonal fluctuations, excess weight gain or loss, excessive exercise, or severe stress could be the key reasons of ovulatory disorders
4) Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS):
It is a complex condition caused by hormonal imbalance, which interrupts ovulation. Small cysts are formed in the ovaries that disrupt ripening of ovarian follicle and maturation. The other possible symptoms include irregular menstruation, weight gain, excess hair growth, and acne.
5) Sperm problems:
Poor sperm mobility, low or no sperm count, and abnormally shaped sperms can decrease a man’s fertility.
Why Am I Not Getting Pregnant The Second Time?
Your fertility can reduce from your first pregnancy and women may find it difficult to become pregnant for the second time. This is known as secondary infertility. Here are some common reasons for not getting pregnant:
- If you are a woman over 35 years, then the egg count will fall, leading to no or lesser eggs
- Men over 50 have a decreased fertility and abnormal sperm
- Changes in ovulation and menstrual cycles due to hormonal dysfunction, weight issues, stress, medications (steroids, antibiotics, and antihistamines), and substance abuse (drugs, tobacco, and alcohol)
- The complication in your first pregnancy or labor
If you’re having the trouble, Dr. Ashish Kale will help you figure out why, and work with you to find a treatment that can help. He is one of the best Gynaec Endoscopy Surgeon, IVF Specialist in Pune & currently practicing at Ashakiran hospital which is one of the best Infertility Center in Pune.