High-Risk Pregnancy and Delivery Deccan, Baner
Ensuring that you complete a full-term of your pregnancy, and deliver a healthy baby, is the keystone at Ashakiran Hospital and Dr. Ashish Kale takes it extremely seriously. High-risk pregnancy and delivery cases require a very different kind of care as to deal with complications during pregnancy or childbirth, where our expertise and experience in the same step in.
High-risk pregnancy and delivery causing factors can be split into four different categories. Which includes:
High-risk pregnancies can be diagnosed in numerous ways by a Gynaecologist. Tests can help in identifying high-risk pregnancy problems and will be prescribed by your doctor depending on your condition or symptoms.
- Ultrasounds –
We can detect a high-risk pregnancy by detecting the
- Blood flow of the baby i.e. Doppler studies of the baby
- We also see the fluid around the baby which is called Liquor fluid.
- The Birth weight that the baby is gaining.
So when any a problem has been identified with any of the three factors, a high-risk pregnancy can be diagnosed. At Ashakiran hospital you well get an immediate diagnosis and treatment for your high-risk pregnancy and delivery in baner, deccan.
Several ultrasounds are used for high-risk pregnancy diagnosis. Which include targeted ultrasound, which constructs an image of the child in the womb, and identifies the suspected issue, e.g. abnormal fetal development.
- Blood Testing – Through a blood test, you can detect a high-risk pregnancy like that of having gestational hypertension and hyper hyperglycemia in pregnancy i.e. High blood sugar, which can easily be detected through a blood test done accurately at the right time
Signs and Symptoms
When you learn of being pregnant, you should consult your doctor about the possibilities of a high-risk pregnancy. It is also a good idea to discuss any pre-existing medical conditions, it’s possible consequences and how it can be dealt with.
Signs and symptoms of a high-risk pregnancy and delivery to look out for:
In the following situation it is essential to get immediate medical attention:
Loss of consciousness – As it wouldn’t be possible for you to take any action in such a situation. Brief your partner, neighbour or colleague in advance of what to do in such a situation
- Vaginal bleeding
- Unbearable pain in your belly or pelvis
- Fluid leaking from your vagina
If you are planning to get pregnant, it is the best idea to take every measure possible to prevent a high-risk pregnancy. We at Ashakiran emphasize that a healthy behaviour and undertaking tests early, you can minimize the chance of a high-risk pregnancy to an optimum level. Following are major reasons for high-risk pregnancy problem:
- A pre-existing medical condition like diabetes or hypertension in the mother
- Pregnancy-related problems that lead to complications such as premature labour
- Age of the expecting mother
- Lifestyle disorders
A high-risk pregnancy treatment will be prescribed depending on the risk factors that you are diagnosed with. We at Ashakiran hospital have state-of-the-art infrastructure to give you the best possible care in all high-risk pregnancy situation.
Listed below are some common methods of treatment of high-risk pregnancies and delivery:
- Gestational Diabetes – Such a condition increases the risk of complications during pregnancy. Being said that, following a diet and treatment plan prescribed by the doctor can help have a healthy pregnancy and childbirth.
- High blood pressure – During pregnancy, blood pressure medication may be recommended depending upon your condition. Lifestyle changes such as regular exercise and reducing salt intake may also be prescribed.